Day 6 #100daysofhappiness2023

Home smelling like... home. I cooked pakodas with Christy!






There is something so so so satisfying and happy about having food you enjoy, even preparing it. I loathe to spend a lot of time on it but maybe it just makes sense. I made it for A's housewarming.

The housewarming itself was quite fun. People complimented my jacket. I've realised that Christy is a super self assured person and I've come to enjoy that. Its beauts to just be without thinking too much about it. How does it feel to function in the world like that? Everybody wanted to hear about my culture shock and I gave them stories, stories that I'm now able to string together because it's catching up to me now (finally) that this has been hard for me. No matter how much you read or listen about places, it's something else to live somewhere else and consider it your home. No matter how much my anxiety brain tried to prepare me for all the horrible worst case scenarios.. it didn't help me when I was (am?) in ALL of them coming true together. Suffice it to say, talkative mood.

I reached Nijmegen and I had THREE curries and a dessert waiting for me. The coziness of her home is so warm and inviting. I've eaten like I had been starving all this while. 



I enjoy this time, this thread of familiarity and less worry and more discussion about life and things that are happening. :)









Comments

Popular Posts