Day 1 #100daysofhappiness2023

 


I would have found it hard to believe that cuting my nails would feel like an act of self care. But today morning with a tiny sliver of sunlight coming in, I sat in my bathrobe (finally) and cut my nails. Every morning, more for university mornings, I'm stressed and worried. I don't need alarms. I wake up thinking through everything I am yet to do and even generally have a good panic. Most of my days are spent in this high strung tension. This post is not about that.

This post is about how through a little planning and little patience I took out these 10 minutes to cut my finger nails and toenails and think about nothing else. I've wanted to do this since maybe 2 weeks and brought a nailcutter a week ago yet just didn't have the time. I calmed myself down that yes breakfast would be done and yes I would choose an outfit and yes I would pack a tiffin and I still had time today to do this. Luxury is a state of mind. ✨

Special mention to cycling in the strong winds and little rain with a bent handle (!) I thought I'd hate it but it was enjoyable!!

Today marks a month in a new continent, new country. Its been... interesting and quite mixed so far.

Comments

Popular Posts