The art of replying to a break up text

The text that says we can't talk anymore and let's forget each other.

A response:

But how? I'm doing ballet the day after and I told you how excited I was for it and you told me you'd see the recording. I'm confused now. I can't show it anymore. A hundred unanswered messages. A hundred questions and thoughts and feedback. Where do they go now? There were going to be a hundred more because I loved telling my stories. There was an actual list of all of them. Yours too. Who deletes everything first? All of my social media. I'm going to fucking know every book you read. And feel irritated btw, because you'll be finishing your goals.

You asked me to tell you things. What was it? We share and then we take the risk of hurt. Isn't it funny I told you the exact same thing about one month ago and I was the paranoid one? And what if I want that space a stranger could provide, to tell things that can't even be whispered in real life. I liked learning about new things and lives so different from mine. I liked giving free advice. I liked cheering. More things that become of people who talk about them.

What do I do with all those tiny videos and photos? Archive? Delete? What about linking the substack with the website? Is it one me then, finally? Everything shared goes like that Read Me. And I had to tell you that I looked for my bed the whole day today and when I did I was glad the day was over. Then I cried. A million other things I hadn't even begun to say. Yet another day of feeling embarrassed and stupid. A tiny part wants double confirmation for this to be the true, that it's true and that it was indeed difficult to decide. Mostly I'm like, how does it matter? Anyway, thank you for the time and space and no context Khush. All of this makes me sad. Maybe like happiness doesn't want to choose me. That you could know things wellllll in advance and they can still hurt and disappoint you. It's probably the last text I'll send so I'll take a few seconds, minutes oh wow hours it seems and compose my thoughts.

Thank you for your time and good luck and hope life is magical for you. Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts