11:11

I can't exactly place when I started to wish at 11:11s but if I see the time now, I do. It is an interesting minute. There are so many competing desires and wants. They battle for the place of 'the one': the one I'm going to make happen on account of my having thought of it at a particular time. 

I now know why that minute seems long and hard, it's actually a minute of meditation. It's the time I ask myself what is your priority today? What do you most deeply want? If wishes were magical, what would I want materializing? Sometimes it keeps me on track. To remember what to do, even if other things seem more pressing at the moment. Those times I want the minute to end faster, knowing that I'll be tempted to wish for things further down the list. 

Strange how superstition works.

Comments

Popular Posts