Heart is a strange place

The struggle continues.
Some days more than others.
My head has been constantly paining both due to the unhealthy lifestyle I have and because of the constant worry I am in.
I have also been thinking a lot though.
Are our circumstances in life partly what we see them as?
I work with a pretty smart and amazing lady in the office and I listen to her talk.
I'm glad I have a new friend and really just listening to her has taught me so much.
I will elaborate on that later on but one of the more important realizations was how you see youself and your life.
I reflected long and hard on how I saw my childhood and school and my family.
I thought about what's important to me.
I thought about why other things seem more important to me.
I was reminded of the power you gain just by being yourself and fearlessly expressing it.
And yet, because of all the people I've met, I was also reminded to let go.
To detach and just be.
To remind myself to see things better.
I have begun to think that it's not my fault.
Even if it is, I don't want to look at it that way anymore.
That sucks my energy by a lot.

Instead you know what is more challenging?
It's to not give in to the easy temptation of the above,
It's to extend your energy on what lies ahead.
I have only just begun and perhaps every moment is going to feel like drowning in the deep end.
What option is there except to drown or to learn to swim?

It's a beautiful gift you give to another person,
The space to think for yourself.
The permission to love yourself.

Love yourself because it is going to free someone else to do the same.

Comments

Popular Posts