The People Diaries - 4! :D

Aanchal Arora.
"I strongly believe things get better".
Probably, that's how everyone thinks of her. That ball of positivity and helpfulness and goodness and kindness. Actually, scratch that. This girl has managed to link the word awesome to herself. So, that's what people think when they think of her. Haha.
But seriously. If there ever was a person working as hard for someone else as for herself, it was her. And that strong will to get things done. Possibly, that's what gets good people up and going when they are down (and then use what they've learnt when they were down to help others get back up).
Well, what can anyone say? Some people are just the whole package - of sympathy and smarts and sarcasm and studliness and cuteness. :P
This interview thing is a true reflection of what she stands for as a person. Well, except the fact that there is no mention of baby love!

Three words you'd use to describe yourself?
Friendly/Helpful, Straightforward, resilient.

What would you say are your strengths?
I haven't yet figured out my strengths and weaknesses. Everyone knows my weakness. People I love. Ask me what my favourite thing to do is.

Okay. What is your favourite thing to do?
That also you know. Reading, painting, cooking (including baking)  swimming, creative things, movies, music, games/board games, travelling, star grazing and Raj! ;)
I also plan to join a dance class soon!

You've pretty much listed every extra curricular activity there is!
Listening to music isn't. :P

When did you realize you were growing up?
After college. Major grown up feels.

What is love according to you?
When you can be who you are without being judged. Like how moms never judge you. They scold, they tell you you've done wrong. But at the end of the day, no matter how badly you behave, she'll know you didn't mean it.

What do you want your story to say?
Good at what I do, good person, happiness and satisfaction.

What's your biggest priority right now?
Right now - career.
Constant priority - people I love.

Is being good at what you do the most important thing to you? Like I notice how much you always stress it and attach importance to it..
Yes it is. Very.

What do you fear?
Having regrets. Not minor regrets but life regrets. And the usual - bankruptcy, needles, losing loved ones. I also fear losing the respect of people I respect and look up to. Or not even look up, someone I like as a person. It scares me.

The fact that regrets might happen even if you think you're going on the right path?
Nah, that doesn't worry me that much.

So, regrets how?
Not taking up a sport seriously maybe. And learning piano. And not studying for second year. Not studying maybe when I could have excelled with a little more effort. Don't regret that much about school though because I had a good time. Teachers were nice to me. Had nice friends. Did decently. Could've done better but that's fine. Regret being lazy about second year.

What is the one thing you wish people understood? Like it's obvious but no one can see it?
Sly people. I HATE sly people from the bottom of my heart and somehow people never see through! Happens to me all the time!

What inspires you?
Excellence, goodness. Goodness is sort of vague but you know how you want to become a better person when you see nice people. And knowledge.

How do you manage to stay positive? When everything seems wrong?
The fact that it'll get better. I strongly believe things get better.

What changes do you wish to see in the world?
Niceness! The ability to think for other people. Cleaner and greener world. Less, preferably, no poverty. Open minds. Less societal interference in personal lives.

Things you can't imagine life without?
Compassion. Having dreams. A happy and supportive family. The internet!

Things about you, you wish people knew?
I get misunderstood A LOT. Because I see everything in black and white. So every time I upset someone, I didn't mean it. I never mean to hurt or upset people. Unless of course, I dislike the person - in which case too, I don't try to upset the person. I just ignore the person.

What motivates you? What drives you to keep doing what you do? Just wake up and do things.
That people believe in me. That I can't waste my life. There are other things as well - like the consequences of being lazy. And that I don't want to be a nobody. Nobody does, but it's a thing for me.

Comments

Popular Posts