Should I live tweet today?

To my one viewer - me - I am caught in a delicate predicament. Today is a wedding at my house, my sister's marriage to be precise but it feels like any other normal day. Except maybe I got up early like we do on pooja days and I'm going to meet a lot of people. Frankly, a lot of effort has gone into making sure that fervour doesn't take over reason. I have reserved the bathroom for her but she's taking too much time in potty. (8:30 AM)

Mom has driven around this morning to take Fua to barber and fill up petrol and buy idlis for guests. I tell her to concentrate on getting ready but she goes to shower about now. (10:30 AM)

Meenal kicks make-up set on the floor because she is annoyed (11:00 AM). This happens while she is draping my sari. (Why the hell is bride helping people dress up idk and I wasn't going to ask for help but..) I have decided just this morning to switch to sari - never have I ever left my outfit to the last minute.

We are on our way by 11:45/50. Everyone cries only tiny tears because of papa but imagine what a full blown kanyadaan would do.

Reach court and laugh at inside joke on chudas and new brides. Stay in car because of AC and it's too hot. A takes a lot of pictures which is great because I don't feel like moving. It all gets over mazaak mazaak mein by 12:30. 

Mom, V, M and me rush home because we want to freshen up and take up a full half hour to rest rejuvenate and change my hair and makeup (only for me). Again why bridesmaids more than bride idkk.

Kaka collects the 20 yellow carnations bouquet by 1:15 as we have not reached yet. More photos and more photos and N giving other people advice about marrying on his marriage. What a wow. But it's cool. A and me have lunch in the designated sofa shoot spot. The food is reaaaallly good. 

Then sudden plans happen of taking her home and me to come along. But first we come home because Meenal had to poop. I get it because it's super funny to imagine her running straight to the loo on entering N's house. While she pooped we AGAAAAAIN clicked pictures. Me the most because I agreed to and was feeling pretty. Plus A wanted to and is very patient.

Moving on, there was small chit chat for the bit but since we were at N for hoouuursss, I got to lie down a lot because tired. I am telling you the best way to get somebody comfortable in your house is to have them lie down. It's a sneak attack.

Actually it helped that we were left alone for a bit.. I guess? When there is no agenda, mind relaxes. I'm not recording much here but I got hungry again and ate again and got Rs 500. Right on schedule, came derogatory jokes from M. 👍🏼

Then we came home only followed by gossip sesh of yesteryears with fai and kaka. All in all good day.

Would recommend. I get marriage thing is also a way for families to meet each other but I mean.. so are board games. Stick to that, it's really fine. :)
As I saw, cool is also inclusive and fun.

Guess got to allow for branching off of a new kind of life for her, where she is closer to more people only. It's okay though. I'm clicking the Bumble pictures.

Literally yes like other days 🤝🌈
Vaada raha


Comments

Popular Posts