Irritated

I don't know if it's just me but everyone seems to be so self centred now-a-days.
How every conversation turns into something about them.
It isn't even like it's just one person in my life who is like that....
Either they start talking about themselves or they just twist every situation into what they would do/have already done. No. If I didn't ask I probably didn't want to know.
It's worse if they start losing interest when your story comes on. Nope. Shut up. Listen.
It's probably how they behave with everyone though. God we have such horrible listeners in the world. Yes, I too am guilty about doing this with a few people but I swear I know how to listen to. I think I have wronged just one person in that department. I can really pat myself on the back about how I let conversations be firmly centred around what it's originally about. Maybe even follow up on it if it seems serious enough. It never seemed hard but to be honest, it's just draining me out now. It's super irritating.
I doubt I am on the same page as other people when it comes to quality of interactions or expectations from it.
Instead of being passive aggressive about it, I think I should stop listening if it takes a little of the edge away. I go to have a conversation and it just ends with me being pissed off.
Better to ruminate inside than ruminate AND be angry.
(To be fair, supportive people all of them and really nice too but ughhh - am I expecting too much investment is something I ask myself here).

Comments

  1. Who is that one person? Is it me? Is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably partially, yes.. like it does sound like you a little haha. Don't know. It's a MoOD.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts