First official bad review!

Originally titled - Shouting is the least effective way to get heard
But that's just jk and highly inaccurate. Because ya. In any case, moving on.
Yesterday was the first bad review I had officially - the ones before were pretty mixed. Obviously, to anyone who knows me my first reaction was to cry (because you know what sucks more than bad reviews? When they're completely accurate and on point). Thankfully I just ran out of AT's cabin because super awks otherwise. (Also, yes, Khushboo Velani has now graduated to awks).
It was a long long long list.
And I thought about it all day today but but but guess what the major complaint from yesterday was? That I brood too much about problems. Which doesn't make it a work problem, it just makes it a life problem. So, yes, also the person who carries personality traits to work.
It's really stupid though to label situations. It's a major major big thing super important one that I have learnt from my time here. At the end of it all, inspite of knowing that I am doing a bad job, all I felt was gratitude. It was all things I knew I was doing wrong. I needed that kick.
Circling back about the 'situation', it's a great opportunity the thing I am doing. Nobody gives you the VP designation when you're like 23 but it's important to not let other people know that you know that. I remember the day they talked of my moving up and the first question I had was whether I was capable of doing that job - I mean look at V before me. Amazing 7 years work experience and built Johar from ground up in such a difficult environment. Tough really. There is no motivation there for anybody to work at all. Except money. And money is the one thing we don't have. I expressed this and he just brushed it off not even saying anything - like that should be the least of my worries. Wave ofthe hand.
Yesterday has taught me that it's really unhelpful to think along certain lines - but it was not being done that way before or its her fault she left me this or I am scared. None of these help you move forward. So, ya.
Happy I get to make mistakes and have nobody hold them against me and happy that AT is so involved and takes enough interest to tell me where I am going wrong.
Now to work.
I just wish I knew how I was doing though. Things I am doing right. Except the Math which I think I am picking up on. I wish I knew what I am working towards. And time management!! And retraining your mind to think in constructive ways rather than a constant stream of you suck.
Also also, always good to keep in my mind that 80% information is good enough to start working with.
Now to looking the part and more importantly, speaking the part.
To ensuring that I actually start ticking off things from my list.

Comments

Popular Posts