Thoughts on everything bur primarily Desperately Seeking Shah Rukh Khan

Hellooo :)

Long time, haven't even gone for a long walk after my last post extolling their virtues.

I've been reading Desperately Seeking Shah Rukh Khan, I'm not even 25% in but I feel its one of those books that gives me language. The first part is about Shah Rukh and what he stands for and man I didn't even know I like him or how much I liked him. 

The first part is a Tamil Brahmin called Vidya and how she viewed 'competiton' and complained about it. I really did see myself, you know. Same, privileged background with a bit more privilege in terms of my how well my parents did for themselves. Except like Vidya, I knew I am more than middle class, that much had been ckear to me. I still recognized that feeling she did, about how some people are just not in the same class no matter they fall into the same income bracket currently. Just the other day I was talking about the great school-great college-MBA-types, a network I did not have nor could forge.

'How could she be the same middle class as me?'

Insightful to understand how social mobility works, even among the top 10% of the country. That's what I'm looking for I guess when I move out, a chance for greater social mobility. The opportunity to be able to do things here which are tough to do. I have sub-consciously been on this journey since.. I don't even know when. Interesting.

So, ya, +10 to DSSRK.


Comments

Popular Posts