What a weird, this time

Time in 4 stories

One: we are in the future
Don't panic but it's George Jetsons' (from The Jetsons) birthday! Can you imagine that many moons ago someone thought 2022 was far enough for it to be The Future?



Two: A nice lady in a nice drawing where time is passing so peacefully - I love it, my new wallapaper! I have saved the artist and art name too. Quiet Time by Vittorio Giardino. I forget the name of the art style but it is the kind most popularized by Tintin's creator.


Three: I was listening to The Seen and The Unseen episode with Urvashi Butalia. She said while researching for her oral history Partition book, around the 70s I think, she used to ask a lot of people who would fall into the age group of remembering the Partition where they were from. These were random people who she would see around and get curious. They would get curious and ask 'hune ya peeche?' (translated to now or from before?) because that's how they understood time as before and after partition. It gave me the absolute chills, a lot of her stories did. Oral histories, hmm. 
Also, how to preserve oral histories that I am gifted with everyday?

Four: Day to day I don't realize but suddenly I find myself to be in moods and situations that I once thought to be difficult and impossible. I thought I would never feel as disconnected and I did, I thought I'll never tire but now I do. I also wanted to be certain type of person and some parts of it have shown up with time. Some though, not all.

(This would have made a good newsletter, its thematic)

Comments

Popular Posts