Yet another bye?

I guess this post was a long time coming.

For someone who likes making things her own and enjoying the comfort of said things, I have moved around a little bit. And the time to do that comes again. Along with the knowledge that it might/might not be where I end up permanently. 

Maybe it's wiser to not get attached so easily to things and places. Maybe a lot of people don't. However, as I realized while sifting through some of my older stuff, it's not just things and places you bid farewell to. You say thank you and bid a farewell to a way of living, and for me at least a version of who I was.

I know, I know I will come back here soon enough. But I don't know the when. And even when I come back, I know everything will have changed a little bit again. 

What were these years? 
Interesting.
Certainly not all happy. Oh God, I certainly have lost a bit of my naivete here. Pushed through in a super earnest manner and pushed and pushed till I didn't have anything left. Entered fail-sure situations. Got laughed at, mocked. Phew. 
But I also opened my eyes for real. Gained good people and habits and experiences. More importantly, made something foreign to me home.
This is what I think those analyst people would call - 'years of significant growth'.

I remember the first time I came to Delhi. This was before I moved here. The first word that crept into my mind was 'insignificant'. The city was huge as compared to Calcutta. Leave alone the city, the metro seemed to swallow thousands of people at one go. It seemed so easy to get lost here. Nobody would care. There would be no whispers.
Yet here I am, walking away with a more coherent idea of my identity.
So I count that as my victory.

The best to do when graduation goggles strike is to let it wash all through you and let it pass. It's all an ebb and flow.

To looking ahead.
Till another time I find myself in one of my favourite places in a city, looking at the sun and wondering when I would see it the exact same way again.


Comments

Popular Posts