Silver Light of the Night





That is exactly why I loved sitting on the beach at night.
Not only was it beautiful, it was only just me.
I didn't have to put up with people or things or demands.
And the noises.
Oh, the noises.
Everywhere, all around, especially inside my head.
They were more chatty than the chattiest neighbourhood aunty I knew, full of energy and vigour from the time you open your eyes until you drop dead at night.
They know when to find you, when you want to speak the least.
Just like that aunty would catch you when you were getting late to meet a friend.
It was an awkward 5 minute relationship: your head nodding but mentally you're pretty much elsewhere.

Thus, the waves at night.
The sound thunderous -
Managing to drown out that voice.
Making choices seem pointless.
Reminding me this nature before me?
It had seen more goodbyes than those I grieved, more goodbyes than moments I had lived.

It was hypnotic.
I could not take my eyes off the moon reflected on the water.
Together, the sound and the sight was meditation.
I am insignificant, my chant.

Me and my relaxed beautiful breaths
One by one
It was all I needed.

This is Deepak's picture and I love it so much (his Instagram is @deepakpuvvala if anyone is reading this).
It really reminds me of when I feel at peace and calm when I am alone. When everything I did or didn't do doesn't matter and I can process things and there is just so much quiet. Except the lullaby of the waves.
Anyway too many words and too many feels.
I do not know who made that phrase beauty is truth, truth beauty but this silver light of the night especially fits into it.
Because what is now is all there is, that's the truth and nothing else.

Comments

Popular Posts