Forevers

It doesn't take long to make a forever.
The first time you see someone, the first time you say hi, the first time you hear your baby cry.
The first time you have a shift in perspective and realize that from now on somebody you love is going to be forever alone.
The first time it hits you that you got manipulated.
That instant when you get angry and can't stop yourself from damaging something or someone

The point is there is so much stress on forevers: on loving for forevers, being for forevers and leaving behind legends for forever
But really, how easy is for that one moment to stay with you forever?
You're making them every day

They're going to be made and they'll come stick with you
They don't announce themselves beforehand and I think sometimes that's the best part

They'll change but only if you let them
You can choose to remember what you want to but forevers are actually subject to change

That's another thing about us as a species
We forget how much of everything is temporary in real life because it is really easy to convince yourself in the head that it's still real and it's still happening now in the forever-zone, oh you know, everything will bounce back (no, it won't)

I don't even know what's better?

I faintly remember having written something like this before.

Today what I am talking about is something that meditation taught me - how we so often look outward for answers because it is highly uncomfortable to sit with them yourself. I am one to talk because I have done a lot of this myself, look outward and talked and there is nothing wrong with it but it's also good to have an inner dialogue sometimes, talking to yourself because hard as it is, answers are sometimes (oftentimes?)found there. Having other people's input has really helped me course-correct at times, when my thinking was flawed, but you need to have a thinking stream. It's too difficult to just sit with what you're thinking because it's scary and distracting yourself is supremely easy.  It's as easy as Googling something inane. Technology has not only caused an attention span deficit but also a me-time deficit. Over-stimulation.
The good news is I have found that it's the first step that's hard to take. As is with everything else - the toughest part is starting off. The second hardest? Reflecting and re-measuring goals. Otherwise, the inertia of doing/non-doing keep running the ship.
Reflection is something that actually needs a reminder on a calender.
All you need is to be ready to hear some uncomfortable truths.

I am having a hard time with this.
It goes against all these notions of discipline and hard work!
What about you?

Missing people and things and more things and just
Send everything back universe
Actually not really because I think I am blanking out on some things very conviently
I don't know
Venting ftw..?

Comments

Popular Posts